As a side note, eggplant is not strictly allowed on the body ecology diet so if you're in stage one and don't want to risk it, by all means make only the chicken version. And, obviously, if you're a vegetarian, make only the eggplant. Serve with Mung-Bean Sprout Stir-Fry. Bon appetit!
Lemon-Glazed Eggplant (or Chicken) with Stevia and Dijon
inspired by Healthy Eats
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 American eggplant, sliced, or 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lemons (1/2 zested, 1 segmented and peeled, 1 juiced)
- 2 drops stevia extract
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 Spanish onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 375. Drizzle olive oil on a shallow roasting pan. Pepper eggplant slices (or chicken breasts). Set aside.
Spoon over eggplant (or chicken). Bake 30 minutes. Serve topped with parsley. Enjoy!