I must admit, though, that, so far, these are my favorite. I used only one banana so you can't taste it at all. I also used sweet potato puree and that, mixed with various warm and wintry spices (cinnamon, allspice and brown sugar to name a few) and just a bit of butter makes these deliciously reminiscent of sweet potato pie. But with blueberries as well. Really, what's not to like? Enjoy these with some sparkling wine and ginger almonds. Bon appetit!
Blueberry Oat Muffins
inspired by Snack Girl
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 15-ounce can, sweet potato puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (I recommend Grade B)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
Preheat oven to 375. In a large bowl, mix together mashed banana, sweet potato, maple syrup, vanilla extract and melted butter. In a medium-sized bowl, combine oat flour, allspice, baking soda, baking powder, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Add mixture in two stages to the larger bowl, stirring until just-combined (you don't want to overwork the batter; just stir until there are no streaks of flour). Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin pan (use removable liners for easy clean-up) 3/4 way with batter. Bake 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes. Enjoy warm or at room temperature. Makes 12 muffins.
Links to other banana cinnamon delicacies:
- Cinnamon Banana Bread from One Touch Weather
- Cinnamon Pancakes with Nutella, Banana & Pecans from Channel Ten
- Banana Donuts with Cinnamon and Sugar Coating from Whatcha Makin' Now?
- Warm Banana and Maple Syrup Pancakes with Cinnamon Cream from Fabulicious Food
- Banana Cinnamon Bread from Madison Makes